Sacrificial giving is ...

Sacrificial giving is a change I can make to give less to myself so I can give more to others.

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Practical Application: Networking and Resale Shops

Resale shops can be hit or miss. Upscale resale shops can be fairly predictable - they always have something good in stock - but their prices are only slightly below retail. Truly great bargains can be found at lower-end shops (and yard sales), but you have to be willing to check them often for fresh merchandise. Here is a better strategy: network your resale shopping.

Here's an example of how this worked to my advantage this week. My friend has mostly grown children and one granddaughter. While shopping resale, she found an unopened Pixar Cars themed birthday party pack for $2! She knew it was a great buy, and immediately thought of me and my soon-to-be three year old son. She gave my cell phone a call, and it was convenient for me to swing by that shop while I was out running errands that day.

By networking, I was able to find a great buy thanks to my pal. When I return her the favor, she'll be very excited.

2 comments:

  1. Fascinating. You are "fusion bargaining". I love it. It's like "fusion marketing", when two businesses work together to market each other while sharing the expense.

    Nick Altrup
    http://www.417marketing.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diana, I sent a link to your blog to my wife. :) Also, I have a question for you. Contact me on my website here: http://www.417shopping.com/ContactUs.aspx

    Look forward to hearing from you.

    James Reynolds
    http://www.417shopping.com/

    ReplyDelete